Sabado, Abril 30, 2011

Choke… JOKE!

I WAS running late Friday night for my drinking appointment with a bunch of young professionals getting five-figure paychecks for skype-ing and chatting 9.19 hours a day.

Mercifully late I should say.

I was spared from watching the horrific first quarter showing of the Barangay Ginebra Kings in Game 2 of their PBA Commissioner’s Cup title series against the Talk ‘N Text Tropang Texters.

The Kings were trailing 15-30 after 12 minutes as I availed the drink-all-you-can promo of Pharaoh KTV, a cozy watering hole in Amorsolo Street, Makati City.

They’ve trimmed the gap to single digit when my first beer arrived, grabbed the lead when I ordered another one, and headed into the locker room with a 47-46 lead when the nuts and nachos came to my attention.

Blame the nuts and nachos for the lack of second half details in this column. By the time I was finished with them, the Kings were comfortably ahead, 108-101, with under a minute to play.

The nuts, or most probably the nachos, nearly choked me up when the Tropang Texters scored the next five points and Willie Miller missed two free throws with 18 seconds left.

Quickly, I washed down whatever it was in my throat with the beer near me as the whole room waited for the final play to unfold.

Jimmy Alapag, the ever-reliable Talk ‘N Text skipper, decided to go for the win. He’s the hottest Tropang Texter at that point, pouring in 13 of his 17 points in the fourth period.
He failed to add to his total and the Kings survived. They didn’t choke.

Me neither.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento